From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mickey Clark
Sent: Tuesday, May 05, 2015 11:53 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Playing Edison Diamond discs

If you're using a computer, you can record in stereo (out of phase) , then using a wave editor, invert the phase of one channel, then combine for mono.
I know the process - and the sound will be horrible until you combine the tracks for mono - then all the noices will miraculously disappear!!! I use the same cartridge for modern stereo and verticals - saves a lot of hassle to do it this way and you don't need a designated cartridge wired for verticals - Mickey Clark

Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/MickeyRClark
M.C.Productions Vintage Recordings
    710 Westminster Ave. West