Not to be more of a pain in the ass than I already am, but I was referring to phase, and not just polarity. Perhaps interchannel timing is more precise, but that manifest as rotated phase between the two groove walls.

You guys are talking about polarity as if that were the only variable, and in my humble estimation, despite Goran’s opinion that it’s insignificant I respectfully submit that there’s times recently that taking a more granular approach than a simple polarity flip.

Also this is for me at least pursuant to the statement that hill and dale can’t be derived from MS encoding of the Left and Right channels: it clearly can. The S is the vertical, is the hill and dale, QED.

.