Not every string will be an entity, otherwise it would be turtle-entities
all the way down :)
We need entities whenever there is some thing that should have identity.

The naming conventions specified in linked data best practices help to
remind implementers whether the predicate should have a literal or a
resource as its object.  Datatype properties should be nouns, Object
properties should be verbs.  Bibframe is currently very inconsistent in its
naming, and tidying this up would be a great benefit.

Which is not to disagree that documentation and examples should be
available, comprehensive, consistent and clear.

Rob

--
Rob Sanderson
Information Standards Advocate