On 5/15/15 6:10 AM, Owen Stephens wrote:
> But perhaps the first question is (and I think Karen, Tom and others
> are pushing us towards) is - why is it clear that both are needed, and
> if so, why are they both needed? I guess my contention is basically -
> I don’t agree that people want to be able to say:
>  <http://bibframe.example.com/workX>   bf:title   “Lord of the Flies”

I think we're way into the woods now.

Whether or n ot there are people who want to say (and I think some might
want to)
     <http://bibframe.example.com/workX>   bf:title   “Lord of the Flies”  .

whatever property you have that takes a literal for the title (bf:title,
bf:instanceTitle, bf:keyTitle... etc.) can be used in any triple s,
bf:x, o. So although you may define bf:title to have a range of, say,
bf:Title, some property has to be the property for the literal string of
that title. And that property can be used in any triple s, bf:x, o. So
you cannot prevent people (using RDF) from saying

     <http://bibframe.example.com/workX>   bf:x   “Lord of the Flies”  .

kc

--
Karen Coyle