On 14 May 2015, at 14:38, Thomas Berger <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

For me string valued statements like
<http://bibframe.example.com/workX>   xy:creator   �William Shakespeare�
negate the possibility of the object being an entity and therefore make
sense only within an restricted model or context xy which a priory has
agreed upon not ever needing entities as values for the "creator" predicate.

I kind of agree with you that in an ideal world the creator should be an entity - unfortunately in the world, we are trying to move on from, often only has strings to represent those authors, creators, publishers, places, etc.    Are you saying that we should not produce a BF representation of those works because we do not have an entity description for them?

I would hope, with a little pragmatism applied, we can strive towards the ideal whilst coping with the huge source of [not always ideal] legacy data.