Hi Mac,
   That was Karen's question.

Cindy

-----Original Message-----
From: Bibliographic Framework Transition Initiative Forum
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of J. McRee Elrod
Sent: Friday, June 05, 2015 1:42 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [BIBFRAME] Cost effectiveness

Cindy asks:

>investment of cataloging rules. What does it cost to make decisions
>that >are of use to only a small number of catalog users? How often is
>that dat= a >actually used/useful? If it is rarely used, is there a
>less expensive way that we can satisfy that minority need?

Good question.  I particularly question the value of RDA redundancy, e.g.,
for a commentary having a 610 plus a 710 with $i for the work being
criticised, and the repeating of 538 data in 34X for videos..

I hope this redundancy will not carry over into Bibframe.