Hi,

This may be a useful map for reference inquires in your library, too.

Mapping 7 million gallons of crude oil spills
A thousand pipeline ruptures or spills reported nationwide in the past five
years.
http://www.hcn.org/articles/spilling-oil-santa-barbara

"Using data from the PHMSA
<http://www.phmsa.dot.gov/pipeline/library/data-stats>, *High Country News*
put together a map of every one of those spills in the U.S., from January
2010 to May of this year. "

Please note, on my computer, the embedded map on the web site is only
viewable in Internet Explorer and Firefox, but not Chrome...

It seems to be what library users are looking for, so I have been using the
map to find the events, and then using the AAPG Datapages, and other oil
and gas citation databases to find the research we have access to in the
USGS Library:  http://library.usgs.gov/publiceresources.html ; as well as
other government bibliographic and other databases...

Enjoy the day!
Emily

Emily C. Wild
Librarian (Physical Scientist)