Federal LIS Colleagues,

I wanted to share information on an incredible resource that I have found to be extremely valuable. It’s a micro-volunteering tool and online community of federal innovators and “intrapreneurs” sponsored by GSA called OpenOpportunities<https://openopps.digitalgov.gov/>. The way it works is that federal employees sign up for an account and can either post or respond to available volunteer opportunities across government. Tasks vary by topic and duration, and users can pick and choose the opportunities that work for them. In fact, there are several opportunities that call for the Library & Information Science tool-set. These are no-cost volunteer opportunities for federal employees, and I have personally successfully filled 4 announcements so far (including one for application development). Based on my experience, it’s the perfect way to advance projects or undertake professional development; with the flexibility you need, and without the red tape. Click on the link to sign up and view current opportunities: https://openopps.digitalgov.gov/

I have personally had great success in filling 4 announcements so far (including one for application development) and it’s been a great way to connect with other “intrapreneurs.” Lisa Nelson is the Program Lead and an excellent guide who can share examples of how agencies are using this tool: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. I am also happy to chat about my own experiences at FDA. There’s a great new Task Creator Toolkit to help you get started: https://www.digitalgov.gov/resources/open-opportunities-task-creator-toolkit/

I encourage you to take a peek at current LIS-related tasks and help spread the word at your respective agencies.

Cheers,

Jessica

Jessica N. Hernandez, MA, MS| Team Leader |Innovation and Technology Solutions<http://sharepoint.fda.gov/orgs/CDRH-OSEL/DALS/ITS/SitePages/Home.aspx> (ITS) |
Division of Administrative and Laboratory Services | Office of Science and Engineering Laboratories |
Center for Devices and Radiological Health | U.S. Food and Drug Administration |
10903 New Hampshire Avenue | Silver Spring, MD | 20993
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | 301-796-0511

Excellent customer service is important to us. Please take a moment to provide feedback regarding the customer service you have received: https://www.research.net/s/cdrhcustomerservice?O=100&D=120&B=122&E=S=E.