Hi Everyone -

I just wanted to send an e-mail to invite you and your staffs to the Department of the Interior Library on Wednesday, June 24th from 2:00 to 3:15 pm for a training session entitled "Legal Treatises on Lexis Advance" part of our series of free training sessions at the DOI Library.

LexisNexis is a leading provider of analytical content such as treatises and practice guides with collections covering every legal practice area. Their content is renowned for the expertise of its authors and is updated frequently to ensure currency and accuracy. LexisNexis, though its Lexis Advance online database, currently provides subscribers with electronic access to a number of its treatises; including those covering legal topics of interest to Interior Department employees. These include subject areas such as federal practice and procedure, tort claims, oil and gas law, and real property law. This class, conducted by a LexisNexis trainer, will teach attendees how to effectively access and search through Lexis Advance to find treatises on legal subjects.  Included will be tips on how to determine the best treatise to use for a given research question and hints on formulating search queries in those treatises to find needed information.

All that are interested are invited.  Please note that the new DOI Library is located in Room 2262 of the Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior Building. The Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior Building is located at 1849 C Street, NW in Washington, DC.  Space for the program is limited so please go to the following link to register:

https://docs.google.com/a/nbc.gov/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDVHQUhwT3h4aVJURm14VVV0amR6SlE6MA#gid=0

Also note that this class is also being offered to remote users as a simultaneous online webinar.  Please indicate on the online registration form if you wish to obtain information about webinar access to this program.

You may contact the Library by phone at (202) 208-5815 or by e-mail at george_franchois@ios.doi.gov for more information about this program or if you have trouble registering using the link above.  For more information about the DOI Library, its resources, and its services, please visit our website at http://www.doi.gov/library.

We hope that you can attend either in person or virtually on June 24th!

George Franchois
Director - U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library
Office of the Secretary - Office of Facilities and Administrative Services (OFAS)
1849 C Street, NW, Room 2262, MS 1151
Washington, DC 20240
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]doi.gov
Phone: (202) 208-3796