Hi Everyone -

I just wanted to send an e-mail to invite you and your staffs to the Department of the Interior Library on Thursday, July 9th from 10:00 to 11:15 am for a training session entitled "Analyze and Organize More Efficiently with WestlawNext" part of our series of free training sessions at the DOI Library.

Thomson Reuters' WestlawNext online legal research service permits users to search for legal, legislative, news, and business content without first selecting a database, allowing one to click checkboxes to select the jurisdiction and nature of material wanted. Its new search algorithm, referred to as WestSearch, is perhaps the world's most advanced legal research engine, executing a federated search across multiple content types. WestlawNext also provides folders to store search results for individual subscribers. A WestlawNext trainer will teach session attendees to use these folders to gather, organize, and share compiled research. They will also learn to utilize KeyCite to find materials needed to expand and improve the users initial search ideas, and WestSearch to query all relevant materials with a single search strategy.

All that are interested are invited.  Please note that the temporary DOI Library is located in Room 2262 of the Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior Building. The Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior Building is located at 1849 C Street, NW in Washington, DC.  Space for the program in the Library is limited so please go to the following link to register:

https://docs.google.com/a/nbc.gov/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDVHQUhwT3h4aVJURm14VVV0amR6SlE6MA#gid=0

Please note that this class is also being offered as a simultaneous online webinar for those that can't attend in person.  Please indicate on the online registration form if you wish to obtain information about webinar access to this program.

You may contact the Library by phone at (202) 208-5815 or by e-mail at [log in to unmask] for more information about this program or if you have trouble registering using the link above.  For more information about the DOI Library, its resources, and its services, please visit our website at http://www.doi.gov/library.

We hope that you can attend either in person or virtually on July 9th!

George Franchois
Director - U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library
Office of the Secretary - Office of Facilities and Administrative Services (OFAS)
1849 C Street, NW, Room 2262, MS 1151
Washington, DC 20240
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
Phone: (202) 208-3796
Fax: (202) 208-6773
Library URL: http://www.doi.gov/library
OFAS URL: http://www.doi.gov/ofas

P.S.: Please note that the originally scheduled date of Wednesday, July 8th for this program has been changed to Thursday, July 9th.  Additionally, please excuse any cross-postings