I don't see how "corporate author" would be different from "author".  It is a corporate author if the entity that is an author is a corporate body.  "Author" is defined in RDA as a person, family, or corporate body.  A 110 or 111 tag in combination with "author" as a designator is clearly a corporate author.

Adam Schiff

On Wed, 3 Jun 2015, Wilson, Pete wrote:

> Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 00:00:17 +0000
> From: "Wilson, Pete" <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: relationship designator for main entry of a museum catalog
>
> It seems strange to designate both corporate body and human as author when they aren't really presented as collaborators, but I don't have any better ideas given the relationship designators we have now.  I think we need "corporate author" for situations when the rules say to treat a corporate body as creator.   That way we can distinguish the somewhat differing roles of the corporate body and the person who actually wrote the text.  This change would not make the theoretical model any more satisfying, but it would add information and clarity.
>
> Pete Wilson
> Vanderbilt University