From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Ted P Gemberling [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 15 June 2015 18:31
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCCLIST] "Active" date same as death date

When I assign “active” dates for a person, I’m used to not knowing their birth and death dates. But today I ran into a source that told me someone became active in 1649 and died in 1675. Of course that also has to be the end of his “activity.”

So do I set the 046 up as ǂs 1649 ǂt 1675 or as:

ǂg 1675 ǂs 1649 ǂt 1675

since I know his death date but not his birth date?

Ted P. Gemberling

Historical Collections Cataloger

UAB Lister Hill Library, rm. 234B

1720 Second Ave. South