From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Smith-Yoshimura,Karen
Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 2015 2:47 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Technicalities article on authorities

Thanks for sharing the slides, Andrew.

Particularly relevant to this discussion, I draw people’s attention to slide 35:

•      VIAF includes XA records that act as “Police records”
•      If an ISNI record has 2 VIAF Ids & an indication of a manual merge, the ISNI record gets XA status & will cause merges in VIAF

If you spot a seeming VIAF duplicate (or triplicate) record, you can also report it by using the “Send us a comment”  link at the lower right of each VIAF screen.

--

Karen Smith-Yoshimura

OCLC · Program Officer , OCLC Research

777 Mariners Island Blvd, Suite 550, San Mateo, CA 94404

M +1-415-269-5796

[OCLC]<http://www.oclc.org/home.en.html?cmpid=emailsig_logo>

OCLC.org<http://www.oclc.org/home.en.html?cmpid=emailsig_link> · Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/OCLC/20530435726> · Twitter<http://twitter.com/oclc> · YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/OCLCvideo>