Jay,

That sounds like a real good idea. Do you ever find that it becomes too overwhelming to correct all of them? I’m sure that if you just correct a reasonable amount, it will help future catalogers.

Ted Gemberling

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Shorten, Jay
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2015 5:20 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] priorities in authority work

What I’ve started to do as an end-of-the-day wind-down project: after correcting a record in our catalogue, check if records in OCLC with that person as author need correcting as well. I just did a whole bunch of corrections from Fletcher, Colin to Fletcher, Colin, 1922-2007.

Jay Shorten

Cataloger, Monographs and Electronic Resources

Associate Professor of Bibliography

Catalog Department

University Libraries

University of Oklahoma

Co-owner, PERSNAME-L, the list about personal names in bibliographic and authority records