Hello everyone,

I've got a question.

I have to catalog the book "Under the Mexican sky : Gabriel Figueroa, art and film."  This book was published simultaneously in English and Spanish and by the RDA guidelines I'm taking the English version as the original language expression of the work, so that's not an issue.  (I think.)  You can find an OCLC record for this book--#867604365-though I think it could use some work.

This is an exhibition catalog about a cinematographer and photographer.  It's got a whole lot of reproductions and very limited text, so I'm thinking the primary creator is Figueroa and he should go in the 100.  And as far as I know PCC has not yet cut back on the use of conventional collective titles for art catalogs, so I'm assuming this book needs one.

But what should it be?  The book contains motion picture frames as well as conventional photographs.  Do these all ultimately count as photographs, so that the 240 would be

Photographs. $k Selections

Or are the motion picture frames different?  Should the 240 be

Works. $k Selections?

Alternatively, since a motion picture as a whole is considered to be a group effort almost by definition, does the inclusion of motion picture frames mean that Figueroa should not be seen as "creating" the work alone?

Thanks!

Pete Wilson
Vanderbilt University