For the reasons I already stated, I would argue that while the multiple
dated 375s may be specific (precise), they are not appropriate (accurate).
Whether or not you agree, RDA does not actually have an element or
instruction for associating dates with gender to satisfy that precision.

On the other hand, while the term female is appropriate in this case, I
think it is not sufficiently specific--so long as "cisgender" is otherwise
assumed or implied, and insofar as there is warrant to record her gender at
all. So we would then have recourse to the second clause.

Also, I believe a fast-track proposal has been submitted to include
"transgender" in the RDA list of gender terms. The CC:DA minutes from ALA
Midwinter 2015 are not posted, but there was an announcement at the meeting
to this effect by Amber Billey, who is a co-author of the article that has
been mentioned. If included, this could be used separately or in addition
to male and female for additional specificity.

Matthew

Matthew C. Haugen
Rare Book Cataloger
102 Butler Library