From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bellinger, Christina
Sent: Monday, June 08, 2015 11:46 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Inevitable Caitlyn Jenner NAR question

Chris Bourg, the new director of the MIT libraries spoke at the annual Boston Library Consortium meeting about “de-centering” the white, male bias in library collections.  Having access to gender and race information in authority records could be useful if one is trying to locate works by under-represented populations.

Christina

Christina Bellinger

Metadata/Cataloging Librarian

University of New Hampshire Library