From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Amy Turner
Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2015 3:04 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCCLIST] relationship designator for main entry of a museum catalog

Museums are considered creators of their catalogs, according to RDA 19.2.1.1.1 and its LC-PCC PS (as far as I can tell, unchanged from AACR2 and the LCRIs).   I don't see a specific relationship designator for this case in Appendix I.  So would "author" be appropriate?  If there is also a person who is presented on the title page as author of the catalog, would the museum get the main entry with $e author and the person an added entry, also with $e author?

Thanks,

Amy Turner
Cataloger and Authority Control Coordinator, Duke University Libraries