Nate, I buy that as long as there are only two options:

1. series statement that is a plain string
2. series entity with an identifier

It makes little sense to create a blank node when an identity can be
created. True, there will not be authoritative identifiers for all (or
even most?) series, but merging can take place over time until most
series have a useful identifier.

The bottom line is that there is no reason not to identify series where
one can.

kc

--
Karen Coyle