I agree that we would not use blank nodes for bf:Series; that could be a subclass of bf:Work. There already is a bf:Serial ( http://bibframe.org/vocab/Serial ) class.

From: Bibliographic Framework Transition Initiative Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Karen Coyle
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2015 11:00 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [BIBFRAME] Proposal for treatment of series in BIBFRAME

Nate, I buy that as long as there are only two options:

1. series statement that is a plain string
2. series entity with an identifier

It makes little sense to create a blank node when an identity can be created. True, there will not be authoritative identifiers for all (or even most?) series, but merging can take place over time until most series have a useful identifier.

The bottom line is that there is no reason not to identify series where one can.

kc