I'm only the messenger, please direct any questions to: Shazuth A. Woods Phone: (702)791-9000x14846 Email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Job Title:Librarian

Department:Department Of Veterans Affairs

Agency:Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration

Job Announcement Number:VHA-593-15-AJ1452594-SAW-BU

SALARY RANGE:

$48,403.00 to $76,131.00 / Per Year

OPEN PERIOD:

Friday, July 10, 2015 to Thursday, July 30, 2015

SERIES & GRADE:

GS-1410-09/11

POSITION INFORMATION:

Full Time - Permanent

PROMOTION POTENTIAL:

11

DUTY LOCATIONS:

1 vacancy in the following location:
Las Vegas, NV View Map<https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/409439000>

WHO MAY APPLY:

Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)

SECURITY CLEARANCE:

Other

SUPERVISORY STATUS:

No

JOB SUMMARY:

Vacancy Identification Number (VIN) 1452594

OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?

Since 1972, VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System has been improving the health of the men and women who have so proudly served our nation. We consider it our privilege to serve your health care needs in any way we can. Services are available to more than 240,000 veterans living in our catchment area. In addition to our main facility in Las Vegas, we offer services in three community-based outpatient clinics located in Henderson, Pahrump and Laughlin. As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities and leadership positions at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/

Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply,including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities [i.e., intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities], and/or Disabled veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more<http://www.fedshirevets.gov/hire/hm/shav/index.aspx>. Contact the Agency Contact on the last page of the JOA for information on how to apply under this appointment authority via the Selective Placement Coordinator.

For more information on the "Who may apply"eligibility requirements, please refer to the OHRM Status Candidates and Other Candidate Definitions document.

TRAVEL REQUIRED

*         Not Required

RELOCATION AUTHORIZED

*         No

KEY REQUIREMENTS

*         You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this job.

*         Subject to a background/suitability investigation.

*         Designated and/or random drug testing may be required.

*         Time-in-grade requirement

*         Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.

  _____

DUTIES:

Back to top<https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/TopofPage>

The incumbent serves as a Librarian at the VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System in Las Vegas, NV. The incumbent works with Medical Center staff, staff of the VISN and patients ascertaining what areas of clinical, administrative, research, and educational activity are taking place to ensure the effective dissemination of information. The incumbent answers a wide range of complex and comprehensive queries utilizing a variety of reference tools. The incumbent instructs Medical Center staff in the proper use of the Library. The incumbent performs computerized literature searches, using the three major vendors (currently over 200 separate databases) which involves searching through and locating information contained in books, journals, government publications, abstracts, theses and dissertations, and government funded research projects in English and foreign languages. The incumbent compiles and prepares selective and/or comprehensive bibliographies, new acquisitions lists, manuals, educational handouts, and reading lists for specific training programs, courses, conferences, in-service training programs and EES programs. The incumbent maintains the Las Vegas VA Medical Center/VISN 22 "Virtual" Library Service program. The incumbent maintains the content and webpage of the Serials Solutions interface which provides a portal to all available electronic resources of Las Vegas, VA Medical Center and the VISN. The incumbent catalogs, classifies, and processes materials through review of cataloging, by modifying and recommending changes to the basic system, existing guidelines and union list development. The incumbent is assigned primary responsibility for the reference program and is responsible for the overall management, evaluation, implementation and development of the program.

Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 4:00pm

Position Description Title/PD#: Librarian, GS-9, PD#044410; Librarian, GS-11, PD#044420

Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.