Individual and institutional parties planning on citing any Wikipedia content for any short- or long-term purpose should first alert themselves to the resource�s potentially problematic governance and social (w.r.t. editor behaviors) issues. This website documents and comments upon a number of those:

http://wikipediocracy.com

Ron Murray

From: Karen Coyle <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wednesday, August 26, 2015 at 10:22 PM
To: Bibliographic Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [BIBFRAME] BIBFRAME Identifier, Role, and Authority Proposals

Agreed, for contemporary persons. But the number of VIAF-related WP articles is relatively small, as I recall - a few tens of thousands? Where we can link them up, though, WP Infoboxes/WikiData can provide a lot of usable information. But it's a drop in the bucket since most people and organizations in the library authority files are not going to meet Wikipedia's guidelines for notability (as you know from AfD*).

kc
* "Articles for Deletion" where wikipedians argue about whether an article meets the criteria of the requirements for inclusion. Those criteria are not met by most authors or academics.