Hello all,

I hope this is an acceptable post for this list.

Apropos the thread about tape machine techs - I need one now, not a
decade from now...

Can someone recommend a tech who is qualified to diagnose and repair
an MCI JH-110b near Cincinnati?

Symptoms:  MVC is stuck ON.  No transport functions.  When the tape
sensor is blocked, the take up reel spins full speed.

At the least it sounds like he's got a shorted motor drive transistor.

I'd take the job myself but the customer would have to cover my long
distance travel expenses.  I'm trying to find him an experienced tech
who is local, or nearly so.

Thanks,
Jeff