The same foam warning should be applied to many AV products and  containers:
    -  3M 2" videotape cases from the  1960s used a foam gasket that
deteriorates.
    -  Some Kodak 35mm Carousel slide drum  cardboard boxes had a sheet of
foam in them.
    -  Some electronic component  packaging and carrying cases were/are
foam lined.
    -  Some 3M 1" and 2" videotape reels had a  foam lined upper flange.
in this case, the problem was not with the  foam but rather with the adhesive
that leaked through the foam onto the tape  pack.

Alan Lewis
Washington, DC

In a message dated 9/29/2015 12:41:16 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,