From: "Lou Judson" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2015 12:13 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Techs in the future - Re: [ARSCLIST] Article: Testing Old Tapes For Playability

Richard, I think this can become a very serious problem VERY soon. Are there people being trained
anywhere, who gew up after the tape era basically ended?

I helped create to 40 year archive of radio interviews trhat got sent to Stanford with a promise
that they would digitize them soon. “Soon” is now 15 years ago and no indications they will do it
soon, or ever, and they are mostly on troublesome cheap sticky tape! It is osrt of as though a life’s
work has been dumpstered!

We now “digitize” cassette copies just so we can distribute them… It’s a nonprofit so little
funding…

(Matt, replies still go only to you so I changed to the list address.)
<L>
Lou Judson
Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689