Hi Brandon,

Here's another little detail or two.
When Ellen decided to issue a certain artist, we would run the 78s on her Thorens TD 124 or Rek-o-kut continuous variable.
We would choose the appropriate stylus and record them.
Many of the records to be used had already been transferred to tape by Ben Lebow some years before.
Sometimes we would borrow a record or two from a fellow collector.
I would then de-click the tapes using razor and splicing block.
THAT..................... was TEDIOUS!!

Then, Ellen and I would take the two master tapes (sides A & B) - (10.5-inch @ 15 IPS ) to David Hancock's house on West 88 (or 87th) Street.
He would listen to the tapes and improve the EQ if needed.
Then, he would cut the master and send it to Windsor Records in Paterson NJ and they would press the vinyl.
I would then drive to Paterson and transport as many as I could in my little Honda Civic back to Elmhurst.
The records were in sleeves only, so I had to slip them in jackets and affix the labels to the jackets.
The records were stored in her garage until it was time to jacket them, then they were stored in her basement.
BTW: The labels were printed by Kaplan Press in Manhattan.

[Around 1974 Ellen switched to a larger jacket label with a photo of the artist.
She would also list the record label and catalogue number on the jacket label.]

Then, I would fill and ship any orders. The post office was right around the corner on B'way.

I guess that's enough details.
Wish I had photos.

Regards,
Ben