NLS Operations Alert

No. 15-74

DATE          :  September 8, 2015

TO                :  Network Libraries

FROM         :  Richard Smith, Chief, Network Division

SUBJECT   :  BARD service restored

BARD service was restored this afternoon. New books and magazines will be posted throughout the day.

Network libraries are advised that the number of BARD users allowed to download at one time may be limited until we are certain that the system is stable. If you receive calls from patrons who are unable to download from BARD, you could suggest that they try again later.

Distribution of audio magazines on cartridge will resume this week.

We thank you—and our patrons—for your patience.

For more information contact:

Richard Smith

Chief, Network Division