I agree with Bob Maxwell, and I might take it a step further.

RDA 9.19.1.5 states:  "Add the period of activity of the person (see 9.3.4
<http://access.rdatoolkit.org/document.php?id=rdachp9&target=rda9-4587#rda9-4587>
RDA) if needed to distinguish one access point from another. Make this
addition when the person's date of birth or date of death is not available."

Since Jay now has the birth and death dates, I think he is justified in
changing the AAP since RDA as currently written prefers them.

The old NACO stricture to 'never ever change an AAP unless you absolutely
have to' has evolved and continues to evolve.  For example, we now have the
option to add death dates to vampiric AAPs like:  Smith, William, 1702-

Robert

--

Robert Bratton

Cataloging Librarian