I can’t find in RDA or the LC/PCC PS’s anything equivalent to this statement from the LCRI for AACR2 B.5:

“Substitute one form of abbreviation with the prescribed abbreviation in the edition area and in the series statement/series access point in all bibliographic records created after August 31, 2001.”

I’ve got a series in Spanish that uses “no” on the piece, without period.  Should this be transcribed in series statement and recorded in series access point as “no.”?  If so, where’s the documentation for that?

Thanks!

Pete Wilson

Vanderbilt University