Cant wait for an answer..
Why soupppression at all?

Gene

On Tuesday, September 29, 2015, Cuneo, Mary Jane <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hello Collective Wisdom,

What is the latest best practice concerning when to add ǂw nne (or occasionally, ǂw nna as appropriate) to an access point that one is changing from 1XX to 4XX?  Is it documented somewhere?

I used to think the code should be added every time, but recently I have seen it omitted in many cases.  Is it now less commonly used in software to correct access points in local catalogs?  What is the thinking behind adding or not adding it?  Our NACO contributors have been asking about this, and I’m feeling less confident about explaining it.

Thanks much,

Mary Jane Cuneo

Serials cataloging and NACO

Information and Technical Services