Hello, all,

I'm cataloging a CD by the Polish rock or rap band Kazik na Żywo.  There is a record in the NAF for Kazik na Żywa (no2002087629) and one record in WorldCat (#223943233) for a CD with that access point.  However, when I do an internet search for the titles cited (Las maquinas de la muerte from the authority record, Poruzumienie ponad podziałami from the bib record), all the results indicate Kazik na Żywo as the performing group.

I strongly suspect the access point in the NAF record has a typo and should be Kazik na Żywo, but I feel hesitant to make so drastic a change to another institution's record.  If anyone on the list actually has either CD and can confirm the name of the performing group, that would be very helpful.  Otherwise, what would be the best thing to do--refer the question to LC to resolve; contact the institution that created the authority record; or just replace the authority record based on the information I have?  And if I replace it, do I keep the form Kazik na Żywa in a 410?  I don't find any citations to that form outside the two records I've cited.

--
Richard A. Stewart
Cataloging Supervisor

Tel: 847-279-2214