"e". It's my understanding that "a" was only used at a particular stage in the conversion to AACR2.

Regards

Richard

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Ehlert, Mark K. [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 16 September 2015 17:02
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCCLIST] AACR2-compatible heading and 400 $w

For the first time, I�m flipping a personal name record from AACR2-compatible status to RDA.  At the same time, I�m revising the 100 field to reflect the most common usage, which has changed since the authority record was first built.  My question applies to the $w accompanying the old form of heading in the 400 field. For $w/2 (Earlier form of heading), do I use code �a� since the heading was composed before AACR2 was implemented, or code �e� since the heading was deemed compatible with AACR2?  The various cataloging documentation I read through didn�t offer a clear answer.

Thanks.

--
Mark K. Ehlert                 O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library
Cataloging and Metadata        University of St. Thomas

Verona," Act I, Scene iii

Experience the British Library online at www.bl.uk
The British Library�s latest Annual Report and Accounts : www.bl.uk/aboutus/annrep/index.html
Think before you print