PCC folks,

While the shutdown of LC systems last weekend was successful, the graceful re-start of some systems was not.  The failure of a critical piece of hardware that affects many different LC systems is being addressed by LC technical staff and vendors.

As a result, the expected "day or two" impact on the NACO contribution/distribution cycle is stretching to several days at this point.

We hope that the situation will be resolved soon, and appreciate your continued patience.

From: Reser, Dave
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2015 3:41 PM
To: Program for Cooperative Cataloging ([log in to unmask]); [log in to unmask]
Subject: Notification of LC Weekend Maintenance (Aug. 28-30, 2015)

Dear PCC colleagues:

The Architect of the Capitol will be conducting essential maintenance on the Capitol Hill campus from late Friday, Aug. 28, through Sunday, Aug. 30, resulting in power outages that will require the shutdown of Library of Congress systems, websites, and buildings.   The processing of NACO contribution and distribution files will also be impacted, so you may notice that contributed records will take a day or two extra to complete the regular cycle.

Apologies for the inconvenience-we appreciate your patience during this annual event.

Feel free to  forward as you feel appropriate.

Dave Reser
LC Policy & Standards Division