The USDA Forest Service will soon be advertising for either a GS-13/14 or GS-14/15 administrative librarian.  The position is Director of the National Forest Service Library and will be located in Fort Collins, CO.  (In case you’re wondering, I’ll be retiring in the spring).

This is preliminary outreach to help us decide how to advertise—either government-wide or open to all.

Even though I’m more than a little biased, this is a terrific position with lots of autonomy and great staff.    And, the location is great too (http://www.visitftcollins.com/).  Our primary Library web site is on the Forest Service intranet so you won’t be able to find out much about us on the web.

Basically, our Library consists of the main library in Fort Collins and two specialized libraries in Madison, WI (forest products) and San Juan, PR (tropical forestry).  We provide a full range of scientific and technical information services to all Forest Service employees (~40,000) in hundreds of locations across the US with a few working internationally.  Overall, we have about 30 employees in the Library, permanent and temporary, with 9 professionals.

If you think you might be interested in applying for this position, please let me know via email or phone.  Indicate the grade(s) you are qualified for or interested in and if you wish to include a short paragraph about yourself, that would be welcome too.

Please share this message with other federal librarians who may be interested.

If you have questions, feel free to contact me.

Thanks, Carol

[log in to unmask]" alt="Forest Service Shield">

Carol A. Ayer
National Program Manager

Forest Service

National Forest Service Library

p: 970-498-1310
c: 801-866-4530
f: 970-498-1059

240 West Prospect Road
Fort Collins, CO 80526

http://fsweb.wo.fs.fed.us/library
www.fs.fed.us
[log in to unmask]" alt="USDA Logo">[log in to unmask]" alt="Forest Service Twitter">[log in to unmask]" alt="USDA Facebook">

Caring for the land and serving people