From: Melvyn,Tony [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, October 12, 2015 8:15 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [OCLC-SHARING-L] OCLC systems – communications

We are committed to keeping our members notified of both planned and unplanned OCLC systems events. For planned events, our goals are to schedule these events at times that should cause the least impact across our global membership, and to provide as much advance notice possible. In the event of unplanned OCLC systems down time, we work to notify you in a timely way, and to keep you updated until the situation is resolved. And, we will periodically provide updates on our technology strategy and roadmap.

We use several communication vehicles to notify members of any unplanned event. The System Alerts page on oclc.org is the best resource for systems news – both scheduled maintenance events as well as unplanned outages. Updates are posted to the page as they occur.

System Alert notifications are also pushed out to the corresponding product listserv(s). However, when listserv message volume is high, these notifications do not always reach recipients in a timely manner. So, if you do not receive a listserv notification, but are experiencing a system problem, please check the System Alerts page for any updates, or, contact your local Customer Support.

We highly recommend that our members sign up for System Alert emails. These emails mirror System Alerts issued during systems outages, and can still be delivered in the instance the OCLC website and/or listserv technology are impacted. These email alerts are not segmented by product, and will provide alerts to most OCLC services.

We also communicate widespread events through our twitter account, @OCLC. You can always reach out to your local Customer Support team with questions or concerns.

Thank you for your support. We are committed to providing you the information you need so that you can best serve your community.

--

Noelle Sicuro

OCLC · Director, Marketing Communications

6565 Kilgour Place, Dublin, OH USA 43017

T +1-614-764-4325 · M +1-614-402-8183

OCLC

OCLC.org · Facebook · Twitter · YouTube