I would guess by now that CJB has an answer to his question (and several
alternatives).

I would like to point out that one does not have to convert to Windows
10 right away. Not now, not in your lifetime if you wish. For those
using Win-7, you can expect support from Microsoft for the next 5-6
years and, Win-7 will run just fine (unsupported) for years after that.
There is that annoying pop-up in Win-7 that reminds one to take
advantage of the free upgrade which will supposedly go away in July of
2016. We'll see when next July comes around. What I did was to buy a
refurb HD, clone the OS, then install the cloned drive and do the Win-10
upgrade. When all was done, I reinstalled the original boot drive with
Win-7 and went back to work, storing the Win-10 drive for future use.

FYI:
My two ingest computers are running Win-XP and work just fine. The
laptop that I'm writing this email on, along with one of the other PC's
in our home are using XP and work just fine. And, (last but not least) a
surprising percentage of corporate America is still using Win-XP.

So, if you're an early adopter, go for it! If not, you can take your
sweet time.

Cheers,

Corey
Corey Bailey Audio Engineering