I spent a good deal of time working on high speed duplication recorders. The heads and electronics are much different. More like radio frequency gear. Bias and electronic amp bandwidth are much higher. As for getting it on tape, bear in mind that video tape machines always did it with making the tape speed 'seem'  very fast by rapidly scanning across the width of the tape using multiple heads and a rotating drum...

Scott

work. Cassette tapes have a very limited frequency response as it is,
thus it seems to me that at higher speeds a lot of the audio content
would be sent to the recording head at higher frequencies than either it
or the tape itself were designed to handle.

Michael Shoshani
Chicago