Good Evening,

I try to avoid such discussions but when asked we have made the same simple recommendation regardless of disc size or type.  Plain high quality white paper!  “Archive” quality has not appeared to offer any advantages.  Paper suppliers in most medium to large cities have the ability to make envelopes.  Record sleeves are simply envelops w/o the flap.  This is very economical even for small/personal scale use.

These vendors have on-hand samples of the various weights & finishes of the paper they offer.  They can make sleeves in any size desired at less cost than you can buy pre-made sleeves.

You can specify/supply the adhesive of choice & this has been shown to be the biggest issue with “audiophile sleeve”.  We have received a number of high quality pressings to inspect/attempt to clean over the years that were “hazed” permanently from off-gassing of the adhesive used to make the high quality sleeves.  It's quite depressing to learn that a production run was trashed in this way but it can & has happened.

From my perspective, the preferred approach is archive quality paper sleeves & a clean jacket.  No plastic.  Better to breath than to trap moisture within the package.  Mold & Mildew Always Win!    Growing up in New Orleans proved that long before I had much edjamakation!

Regards,

Duane Goldman

H D Goldman Lagniappe Chemicals Ltd.