JB - Suggest you contact the folks at Arhoolie, who superbly digitized over 100 thousands Tejano-Conjunto/Mexican and Mexican American Recordings 78s for the Frontera project, hosted online by UCLA.  Tom Diamant is best person to speak with.
http://arhoolie.org/frontera-collection-2/       +   http://frontera.library.ucla.edu/

B. George
Director, ARChive of Contemporary Music, NYC
Curator, Sound Collections, The Internet Archive, San Francisco