Ah but 78 is 78

The two speed 78.26 rpm and 77.92 rpm are dependent on the strobe being
calculated on 60Hz or 50Hz frequency. I would just stick to the pitch and forget
the speed altogether as there are too many variables – too much drain on the
supply will drop the frequency in any case, lots of such arcana to contend with.

Not that you can be sure that it was A=440hz, it may have been 435 or 443 or
just about anything on the day of recording.

Best thing is to stick to a frequency typical of the time and place of the recording.
If you don't know what that was – I mean who does know – I would first try it at
A=440Hz and see what it sounds like. Maybe ask a few other people to have a
listen as you might have to lower the pitch a bit, even the opposite and make it a
bit sharper.  After a while you may get to feel your way around the problem
through listening.

Just remember 78 an expression of hope rather than a statement of fact.

Jolyon