Bruce said:

>Hold on. We were just told that manifestations were solid things ...

Remote electronic (digital) resources are not "solid" things, and are as
much manifestations as any physical book.

Not being physical is whay AACR2 earlier made the mistake of omitting
collation, a mistake later corrected.

A current anomaly, is combining different electronic manifestations of
the same e-book in the same record, as per the Provider Neutral (PN)
standards.  We are combing electronic manifestations with far greater
differences than would be accepted for print manifestations.

Let's not carry past and present mistakes forward into Bibframe.