The description of Manifestations in FRBR-ER as being physical is generally
considered to be an error - they are more readily understood as being sets
of Items that are sufficiently similar (the Items are physical, but the
Manifestation is abstract).

It is possible to to treat manifestations as being physical if one treats
the items as being non contiguous parts of the Manifestation.  This is
metaphysically coherent, but requires one to accept that pulping an unsold
copy of the final printing of  "The Airport Book Conundrum" has changed the
mass of that Manifestation, or that the position of a Manifestation for an
ebook I have changes when I download it to my smartphone.

It is simpler to treat everything above the level of Item as being
abstract, and that is the stance taken in FRBRoo.