Just an update:  the RBMS Controlled Vocabularies (CV) editorial team has been researching a simple path for small thesaurus producers to publish their data as linked data.  Our white paper (with background and recommendation) will be publicly available prior to ALA Midwinter.  Expect to see the RBMS CV linked dataset in the Spring.

AAT has been available as LOD for a while now, and the forthcoming Artists' Books Thesaurus will be published initially as linked data.

So, short answer:  Yes, Mark, we're on it.  :-)

Best,
Allison

Allison Jai O’Dell
Metadata Librarian, Associate University Librarian
University of Florida, George A. Smathers Libraries

Another option is having the rare book and archival communities roll their own vocabularies in linked data formats (if not done so already).  Such as doing this for the genre terms at the RBMS site:
http://rbms.info/vocabularies/genre/alphabetical_list.htm

--
Mark K. Ehlert                 O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library
Cataloging and Metadata        University of St. Thomas