From: Bibliographic Framework Transition Initiative Forum <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of O'Dell, Allison Jai <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 9:31 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [BIBFRAME] Properties of Item proposal

Regarding community-specific extensions, and in particular for rare materials:  There is an RBMS Bibliographic Standards Committee task force looking at this - largely for the reasons Kate notes.  http://derm.pbworks.com/w/page/99121286/Charge<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__derm.pbworks.com_w_page_99121286_Charge&d=CwMFAg&c=WO-RGvefibhHBZq3fL85hQ&r=wwc_Z_TbmWbPFh7My2zRxmrGgCNO-71Fwzlmd8YZVUY&m=-nJFb3fRnXjve3R6U04Wk_3AkQI15U88CKUS6g8dIqI&s=lxlYzCZtqq9bawobKsvXtyvdULAyc5BqEeVzz4-D8Bw&e=>  We've given ourselves a deadline of Annual 2016 to have a drafted element set and white paper.  I'm happy to chat further about this project, if anyone is interested, or wants to mirror it for other communities.  :)

Allison

Allison Jai O'Dell, Metadata Librarian

University of Florida, George A. Smathers Libraries

(352) 273-2667  |  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>