This makes me wonder if/how the notion of "subdivision" transitions to a linked data universe. Do they factor out?

On Nov 12, 2015, at 7:30 PM, Adam L. Schiff <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Please note also that the URI http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh9900167 is for the LCSH form subdivision authority record, not the LCSH heading Poetry.  The URI for that is http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh85103704.   It would still be best to use the record from LCGFT for a form/genre term.

Adam

Adam L. Schiff
Principal Cataloger
University of Washington Libraries
Box 352900
Seattle, WA 98195-2900

_____________________________
From: Denenberg, Ray <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2015 2:50 PM
Subject: Re: [BIBFRAME] Categories--Genre/Form
To: <[log in to unmask]>

Nancy - I take your point, but strictly speaking, If you dereference the URI:
http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh99001678
(and note that the example has a slight error, the .html should have been omitted)
and get RDF returned:
http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh99001678.rdf

note that it is a madsrdf:GenreForm. (As opposed to a madsrdf:Topic. MADS doesn't know about subjects --topics, but not subjects).

Granted, the URI:
http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh99001678
makes it seem to be a subject.

Ray