Apologies to music catalogers everywhere if I have this wrong, but what about the stream of a recorded classical music concert? The performance is a manifestation of the composer's expression of their original work. The recorded master file (item) is an arrangement of integers.Try dropping that on your foot. Physical storage becomes increasingly irrelevant to the cataloging and (more importantly) access of certain items. FRBR should be able to accommodate that and we should should just keep on breathing.

-Bruce

Bruce J. Gordon
Audio Engineer
Audio Preservation Services - a shared service of the Harvard Library
Harvard University
Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138
U.S.A
tel. +1(617) 495-1241