Please excuse cross-posting.

Thank you to everyone who responded to my query.

1.      years ago I used TrackEngine<http://my.trackengine.com/servlets/com.nexlabs.trackengine.ui.Login>, which seems to still exist although their site looks a bit out of date.

2.      can't Google do what you're asking? I assume you're talking about external sites. [I didn't check, but I believe Google discontinued this service - Ramona]

3.      The Information Advisor's<http://www.informationadvisor.com/> October 2015 issue reviewed 5 of these web page monitoring programs. The ones that are fee-based are: InfoMinder and Website-Watcher. The article is worth reading as it compares their features, pros and cons, and cost. If you don't subscribe to it, SLA members get a 50% discount which makes it affordable

4.      I just wanted to let you know that there are free web-based web page monitoring services available (i.e. you wouldn't be downloading and installing anything on your local computer/network) if your IT department is worried about malware and viruses.  WatchThatPage<http://www.watchthatpage.com/index.jsp> is one such service.  You basically register for a free account and then you can begin adding pages by URL to monitor.  You can create channels to group pages by topic and can also add some basic keyword filtering.  An email is sent to you when there's been a change with a link to the web page.  I use this tool to monitor pages for myself and also for others (I create an Outlook rule to auto-forward certain pages to other individuals if appropriate).  It's very simple to use, but I don't believe you can monitor content changes from within a database using this service.
Here's a link to a short list of web-based vs. desktop-based web page monitoring services<http://www.rba.co.uk/sources/monitor.htm> (free and fee-based included) for your reference

5.      I just came across an article in Information Advisor by Ran Hock, that lists some possibilities.

6.      We use Microsoft SharePoint to power our internal portal and collaboration sites. It has a feature where users can choose to be alerted when new content is added or changed within document libraries or lists.

I obtained the Information Advisor article recommended by two responders, which is exactly what I needed.  I also plan to look at the web-based vs. desktop-based web page monitoring services page (if only my helpful IT department hadn't blocked the page...)

Thanks again.
Have a great weekend everyone!

Ramona Howerton
Reference Librarian
Office of Management - Library Services
Comptroller of the Currency

Telephone 202.649.7112
Fax 571.293.3971
Email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
My original query.

Does your library have software installed that will alert you when a web page content changes?  If so, and you would recommend it, would you please let me know?  (I don't think our IT would let us use free programs, so we're not interested in freely available software.)   Also, if you would indicate how/if it works with subscription databases that would be much appreciated.

I will summarize for the lists.

Thank you!