NLS Operations Alert

No. 15-97

DATE          :  November 24, 2015

TO                :  Network Libraries

FROM         :  Jane Caulton, Head, Publications and Media Section

SUBJECT   :  Network Library Toolkit available

NLS has developed a toolkit of materials to help network libraries in their outreach to potential patrons. The toolkit includes resource- and audience-specific information sheets, sample social media posts, event tips, and other materials.

To access the toolkit, go to www.loc.gov/nls/networkdocs/documents/Guidebook.pdf. There you’ll find all materials and the links to download them. Users who are blind or have low vision can find an accessible list of links to all toolkit documents at www.loc.gov/nls/networkdocs/documents/toolkit.html.

In addition, a webinar on the toolkit and how to use it in your outreach efforts will take place Wednesday, December 9, from 3:00 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. EST. During the webinar, we will discuss:

·         Goals for outreach and the “That All May Read” campaign

·         An overview of the toolkit and its materials

·         Practical applications of a few of the toolkit items, and information on our upcoming e-mail series highlighting ways network librarians can use the toolkit

Register for the webinar at http://eo2.commpartners.com/users/nls/register_form.php?id=17125. No special software is required; you will be able to join the webinar directly using the link provided in the registration confirmation email. The webinar will be subtitled, and verbal descriptions will be provided of all visuals discussed.

Thank you for your continued support in making sure that all may read. We look forward to reviewing the toolkit with you on December 9.

For more information contact: