Ben,

Just thought I’d chime in since I’m a Mac guy and let you know that TwistedWave (https://twistedwave.com) and Amadeus Pro (http://www.hairersoft.com/pro.html) are excellent inexpensive audio editors.  I know for a fact that TwistedWave has silence detection for marker placement, and export regions based on markers commands.

-Aaron
http://cuttingcorporation.com