Bruce asked:

>What about a purely electronic resource such a work contained in a
>file?

If on a CD, the RDA carrier term is "computer disc".  If remote, the
RDA carrier term is "online resource", although I think "world wide
web" would be a more accurate designation.  I assume a file on an
inhouse computer would also be an "online resource".  I don't see us
saying "computer hard drive" even though that is the carrier.

Isn't "computer file" the form, not the carrier?